Who we are and how to contact us
Renew are a trading division of Cavalier Carpets Limited ('we' or 'us' or 'our') and we gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Our registered office is at Dixon Street, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 1TX and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 01028083. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register; registration number Z4838191.
If you have any questions about how we process your personal information please get in touch with us at: Renew Customer Services, Dixon Street, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 1TX or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact our Compliance Officer Pete Brierley, at email@example.com.
We generally collect the following personal information from you and your insurer when we assist in assessing/resolving your claim.
- Customer Personal Data to include Name, address, phone numbers, email address, policy number, details of claim & date of birth. This is used to set up an active claim, validate claim and manage throughout.
- Videos and photographs of the inside and outside of the property. This may indirectly include photos, car registrations or personal property. This data is collected to validate and evidence a claim.
- Special category data including circumstances/health may be requested when triaging whether data subjects qualify for services afforded to elderly, infirm and/or vulnerable customers.
- Credit/debit card details for the processing and collecting of any excess & interim payments
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- You may also provide us other information through our fast track web form
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Renew processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary data and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
We collect information in the below ways: -
You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as credit agencies.
Personal information collected from other sources
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorisation. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
How we might share your personal information.
We will only disclose your personal information to other organisations in order to facilitate the progress of your claim, this may include third party restorers or fitting companies. This disclosure may be required in order to resolve your claim and is only undertaken on an agreed contractual basis with your insurance company. We attempt to minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
All third party processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Renew takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or sell your data without your consent; or unless required to do so by law.
You have the right to access any personal information that Renew processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Renew takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- TLS, restricted access
- IT authentication
- vulnerability scanning
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Renew does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide any additional personal information to Renew, however, this may limit our capability to progress your insurance claim.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Our retention of data is in accordance with our legal and contractual requirements. Renew only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via our website and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.